STUDIO 3 - WEEK 12

Now it's week 12, time really did fly by, as a matter of fact I still remember the first day of this trimester but I'm very happy with what I've done and become now.

As for week 12 I will mention what I have accomplished within this week and last week as well as for week 13 it will be more of a reflection report of some sort, just to give a conclusion of this whole trimester and what new things I have learned and did. 

As for this week we will only have 2 classes with Fred but it won't be on this coming Sunday as usual but on Thursday instead and I think this is a very good move so we could have the time to polish and fix our works and submissions before they're being submitted. 

Since I'm done with every alternative assessment since last week, I will make sure to use the time to update my portfolio that we will be presenting but also I will polish 2 video files form my alternative assessments, one of them is a 30 second trailer for ''Crimson Funeral'' while the other one is a 4 minute behind the scenes video for ''Crimson funeral'' as I already finished editing the files but I still think I should color grade the trailer and possibly the behind d the scenes video for a better, nicer quality and look.

For the trailer I had 3 different edits and I honestly didn't know what to choose but I finally picked one because the music flows well with it and so are the scenes and it gives a completely different look  to the movie, some people will think it's a spoiler but it is definitely NOT, people will be surprised when they see the outcome of the film once they finish seeing it. 

For the other trailers, one consisted on mysterious scenes that gives the idea of a troubled hitman while the other trailer edit gives the idea of the Hitman and the bartender wanting to kill one another, trailers have so much power in today's industry as they are the decision maker for people, more like the messengers that gives you the letter with only the title written on it, it will be up to you to read the letter and know what's in it, just like going to the movies to check a movie out. 

Here's a scene I've included in the trailer but this is after I edited it a bit:



As for behind the scenes, i've done it before with another class project but In that case I had to shoot everything myself and narrate the video instead of posting interviews but in this collection, it was a mixture of establishing shots, continuous shots, close up shots and some basic wide shots to give the idea of the filming set, I'm a bit disappointed not all members have been interviewed but at least the two producers were there, also the 1st AD and the main actor of the story, they all talked about their roles very briefly, mentioned the project and what they liked about it and what they could've changed in it, the challenges they have faced and how did they feel about working with he cast and the crew and from what I've seen everything was done professionally and nicely regarding their work and interviews and it was very organized so it definitely made my job easier to edit as well. 

A picture of the Director of the film ''Crimson Funeral'' with Two from the main cast Parker the hitman and Isabella:




As for now I will make sure to edit more into my portfolio and polish it and include it with recent images of me as well as polishing the trailer edit and behind the scene edit so make get them ready for submission since submission is on this coming Thursday but I plan on submitting it earlier since I got all the alternative assessments done a week early. 

Since we didn't have any classes on Sunday and Monday I spent my time polishing my alternative assessments and Im happy with all the fix ups and edits I've done, especially that I've shown my work to my friends wanting to hear feedback and they gave me feedback on the music I chose so I had to change it and search for a better example that suit the video's topic but also the conversations in the video, i also had to go on a photoshoot to have a few of my pictures taken for my portfolio, I really wanted to have a better exposure of myself and of my work. 


As today for Wednesday I've submitted my alternative assessments and I'm very relieved but I still have a portfolio to basically polish since I'm already done filling the gaps, continue editing a showreel that will have a matching music to it and finally writing my blog for week 13, which is the final week and as mentioned before, since we will only have a portfolio presentation on week 13 I'm thinking of making my final blog as a reflective blog that takes on this whole trimester and how it impacted me, benefitted me and talk about the experiences and challenges I have faced. 

For this week, we still have a Thursday class, at first I thought it'd be the portfolio presentation that's why I started working early on it but turns out we won't be presenting our portfolios until next week so I'am excited to see what we will be learning tomorrow. 

An update on this Thursday's class, it was an acting workshop and I'm so glad we took it because it didn't just teach us the basics of acting but also get all of us closer because we had to open up to one another as a warm up before we act, just so everybody would be comfortable performing in front of the class, I took a part and I'm very happy my lecturer pushed me to do it because I feel like I took a further step into filmmaking as a whole, some students asked ''why learn acting and I'm interested in directing films, or producing or editing films?'' the lecturer replied ''You'll have to get yourself into the actor' shoes so you'll know what they go through when you work on set with them'' and I completely agree with him that's why I'm always interested in researching other roles on a filming set just so I could know how to handle myself and the rest of the crew. I think it should be mandatory for anybody who want to produce films so research every role on set and not just research the script so everything can go smoothly and be delivered with quality. 


As for next week, we will be presenting our portfolios alongside our CVs and showreels, but also we will have a class with the lecturer, I'm hoping it's a continuation to our acting workshop. 

This blog is longer than the other shared blogs because it's the end of the trimester and so much have been done with work being submitted, that's why it's always good to keep track of everything that have been done. 

Comments

Popular Posts