STUDIO 3 - WEEK 9

As for week 9, first things first... our film project have been cancelled
To be honest we did manage to find a last minute location, last minute extras who were very excited to work and a handful of main actors who couldn't wait except that we needed 3 more main actors and a second location since we'll be shooting at locations: the school, a home and a suburb, the only location we couldn't manage to get in time was the home but I was already arranging to get one when the project got cancelled, I'm not really disappointed actually I'm happy I'm learning more and how to deal with errors and situations in a professional manner and I couldn't be happier from our lecturer who been very understanding, very professional and I appreciate every advice he gave us, every push and every extension that we should've used in our favor. 

I was only upset at first, not for the project getting cancelled but because I didn't want my lecturers to think less of me, I've always wanted to impress them, to make them proud, to see what me and my friends are capable of doing and I'm so glad we had a meeting with our lecturer in week 9 where me and 2 of my crew members (the Art director and DOP) sat down with him explaining the project, giving him a self reflection of everything that happening in this trimester and I'm very thankful he was very understanding and very kind to us. 


As for now we will have alternative assessments to finish if we want to pass, an alternative assessment is basically a list of a number of deliverables we will have to edit, make and submit individually to obtain a good grade to pass the unit which I'm very happy with since everything we will have to do have been taught to me within my time in the college, we will have to edit a 30 second trailer for the other group's film, a 4-5 minute behind the scenes video which is an interesting task because I've done almost the same thing 2 trimesters back, ask a graphic designer to design two posters for both films, the one from the other group and the cancelled one, of course I won't just ask one to make me 2 posters and leave, I will definitely have to show him an example of what I want, the layout, the coloring, the graphics that can be implanted and finally supervision of both posters during the making because if I was sitting with the graphic designer giving feedback, pointing things we will need or won't be needing then we will be done very quickly and it will save us time. 


Finally an EP schedule but it won't be for the other group's film but for our cancelled project which will be easy because I have a broken down script and I've already done an official one with both our Art director and Editor before the project got cancelled so by now I know how to use the software and I will definitely start working on one. 


As for now I have received the other group's film from our lecturer and I'm definitely editing a trailer for it, I already started breaking down how the trailer will look like and how I want it to start so when I start editing I will have a more organized idea of what I will be doing. 

Next week is week 10 so I will have to color two different videos for our editing camp but I will have to book the Da Vinci Suit at our college which looks magnificent, of course I've mentioned that in one of my previous blogs just because I am excited to be using the suit, other than that for week 10 I will be finishing up the assessments and hope for the best. 


Comments

Popular Posts