STUDIO 3 - WEEK 8

As for week 8 we still needed to shoot but things didn’t go according to plan especially that our shooting dates have been pushed a week ahead so we still had to find a new location for the school since all schools are opening up next week which will be the shooting week and we had to find a new location for both the house and the school, we also had to almost re-cast everybody.


So me and two of the crew members had to rush everything up and find quality solutions for the shooting, first we started working on the EP scheduling which is in charge of breaking down the scenes, then we went location scouting for the school so we went to the The American College Of Dubai and we met up with the VP so we introduced ourselves first, explained and talked about our film and then told her which spots we need at the college, for how long and when, we showed her the contracts, papers with visuals on it such as poster ideas, storyboards and a moodboard, after the meeting was done we waited for probably 5 minutes then she came back to us and confirmed that we can use the location and she called me the next day just to double-confirm for next week’ shoot, it’s all about how you’re explaining / presenting your idea.


Me and my other crew member from the Art department are in charge of the extras, informing them of timings, sending out reminders and especially discussing the wardrobes, since some extras won’t be free on the next week we still managed to find a number of students during our location scouting at the school which is American college of Dubai, basically the students don’t even have to come on a specific timing because they always have a few breaks in between of their classes and they can definitely be excused to shoot with us since the board of teachers already know of us and the project. 


We still needed 3 more actors from the main cast, we talked to a number of people including my father, my comic book seller, my friend’s siblings and my cousins but basically everyone’s busy with exams, and my father would definitely do it but he can’t speak much of English. I still managed to find a graphic designer to design our poster for the film and he agreed to do it, i’ve sketched 4 poster designs at first but then designed extra 3 designs and we voted for one of them so we could show it to the artist, he is in touch with me and I can meet him anytime and he can get it done within a week or less.


After locking the location our DOP have booked all the equipment for next week’ shoot which is in question right now. I’m not sure if we will still get to shoot this film or maybe another film project but I’m definitely updating my blog weekly.

Comments

Popular Posts