STUDIO 3 - WEEK 10

For week 10, it started off better than expected.

For our Sunday class we've been taught by Fred and he looked at the other group's project and gave some really good professional feedback and some of it was as same as what our lecturer have mentioned before, like the old saying great minds think alike but later on he showed us videos of acting, he talked about the methods, the techniques, the little details not any ordinary person would spot or think about and gave out some really good tips, he also mentioned something about our college having their own acting workshop which is a very good idea and I'm very much interested, it will not just help the students but even get them closer. But for today I have also booked the Da Vinci suit that I mentioned in my previous blog for tomorrow.

Monday have passed and I've experienced using the Da Vinci suit for the first time, honestly when our lecturer was giving us an overview of the panel itself, I was really nervous and lost at some point but after using the panel myself I really enjoyed it, at first I messed up my file but I kept going around it several times until I understood the basics and the tricks I can use, I've edited my first file 3 times and every time the file ended up looking different, for the final time I made it funky and I'm very happy with how it ended up looking like, we had to edit two files, one is an outdoor shot where I made the trees too green and graphical and for the second video I made it more moody and purplish but I also fixed the grain that appeared on the tv screen, I will definitely download and practice the Da Vinci more often. 

Here are screenshots of my files:

 



Later on before the week ends I went to college to finish our EP scheduling, and since it's an expensive and a professional software, it is only available in the computer lab at our college so I had to go and do it there but before that I've needed a more broken-down script to make it easier for me to write it on the EP scheduling, of course this will include the cast, the equipment needed, the props, the synopsis of each scene, the number of each scene and on how many pages are they on, I don't think it's hard at all as long as you understand the script very well, it took me a while to get it done but not because I don't understand the software but I kept double checking to not forget any details even if they weren't as important, they will still have to be there. 


When I first tried the EP scheduling I wasn't too sure of my work at all, later me and two of our crew members started making one and I finished half of it but I still wasn't too sure of it as well, but this time when I had to do a new EP scheduling for the film I felt very confident especially that I've researched it more online before coming to college, I also considered a few helpful examples just to help me get the idea of what should be done. 


Currently I'm editing the trailer of ''Crimson Funeral'' and it's a nice piece of work that I'm trying to polish and give a feel to it but after that we'll still have to submit two different posters for two different films but they will have to be designed and made by a graphic designer within our college of course for my part I've sketched two different poster ideas and color suggestions just to make the designer understand what I really want to see and also we'll have to edit a Vlog of behind the scenes for ''Crimson Funeral'' which will be interesting because I've done and edited over 4 Vlogs for another project I've worked on in Studio 1 which was Blind Justice. 











Comments

Popular Posts