STUDIO 3 - WEEK 6

For week 6, we haven't done anything related to the short film project nor anything theoretical, but instead we had two different practical workshops on two different days, studio 3 is supposed to have 3 classes each week but this week we only had 2 class, for the 3rd class we didn't take I actually spent my time working on the props list and which places have them available so all I did was call places, research and highlight my destination. 

It was helpful looking at how messy the first list was and how everything is coming in together now, I will still have to update the providers list and send a shorter list to the crew members who agreed to provide some of the props. 

For our first workshop of week 6 on Sunday we learned about the ''Blackmagic URSA mini 4.6k'' with 2 different lenses and a huge bag of it's pieces to put together, the workshop timing wanes;t enough because I really wanted to discover more of the Blackmagic camera so definitely I'll have separate sessions just to explore more and get to master using the camera because it is one of its kind, we also put it on the tripod and shot with it but of course with different settings and every setting is helpful in the right time for the right amount of lighting and scene, overall I wasn't magic familiar with the Blackmagic and I've always wanted to see it up close so this experience was definitely a win for me. 

 (Naso, Naso, ACS, ACS & ACS, 2019)

Moving on to the second workshop, I've been hearing about it for a while but never took it before and it was a color correction and color grading class, we spent sometime at the computer lab experimenting with the ''DaVinci Resolve'' and it was quite a colorful experience, I kept turning every hot color such as Pink, Red and orange into Neon type and I am getting it on my laptop because in the upcoming weeks we will have an assignment and it's to color correct a video and we will be graded for it so since next week is study week I will definitely get into learning more of DaVinci and how to master the basics at least, also we got to visit the DaVinci suite and it looked so cool, we will have to book it later on because we are coloring our assignment at the suite, I would love to book the suite before hand just to learn more of the DaVinci panel which will be very helpful with the coloring process, as I know there's a similar panel for Premiere Pro. 

(Design, 2019)

But we haven't done anything else this week, I think mainly because it's submission week and everyone have been busy editing or submitting their work but even though we don't have classes next week, I will definitely take the next steps and put extra work into my role and the Art department in general for the film since the week after is shooting week. 

As for today a very important prop is coming in the mail and I can't wait to receive it and start customizing it for our movie because I'm the prop master and it's my job not to just get the props but also to clean them, organize them and customize them if needed or instructed. 





References:

Design, B. (2019). DaVinci Resolve 15 – Color | Blackmagic Design. Retrieved from https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/color


Naso, E., Naso, E., ACS, M., ACS, M., & ACS, M. (2019). Blackmagic Design announces URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 - Newsshooter. Retrieved from https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/03/06/blackmagic-design-announces-ursa-mini-pro-4-6k-g2/





Comments

Popular Posts